An apprenticeship is a great way to combine practical on-the-job training with study. It is a real job where you get paid with the opportunity to learn a new skill and gain business knowledge working alongside an experienced team.
They are open to anyone 16 years old or over if you live in England and are not in full-time education. So whether just starting your career, looking to change careers, or enhancing your skills, they are highly flexible.
Anglia Freight has supported many people through apprenticeships, historically for those at the early part of their careers as they have joined the company. They have since become more varied, with placements for those of all ages, experiences and in many different roles. In addition to apprentices joining the company, we also encourage existing employees to develop their skills and knowledge through apprenticeships.
Benefits of an apprenticeship
We believe apprenticeships are a great way to help individuals realise their full potential, helping them grow professionally as we support them every step of the way. In particular, the benefits of doing an apprenticeship include:
- Earn a wage while you learn *
- 80% of the paid time will be in work: 20% of the paid time will be in training, usually at a college or with a training provider
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Gain real work experience within our teams
- Opportunity to develop your skills
- Great for your CV – improving your employability
- Great for meeting new people and industry professionals
- 28 days of paid holiday leave
- Health Cash Back plan
- Company performance bonus
* Anglia Freight offers a very competitive salary above the apprentice rate (if you are aged 16-18) or above the national minimum wage (aged 19 or over).
What apprenticeships does Anglia Freight have available?
We offer apprenticeships to around eight people a year and have supported individuals straight from school as well as senior managers. They vary in length, ideally around one to three years, from business operations, customer services and warehousing positions to HGV drivers and senior-level strategic management.
We currently have two HGV apprenticeships available where we’ll support you throughout your training, paying for all HGV tests.
Where can I find further information?
If you are looking for something different, we’re always open to a conversation. Even if there are no opportunities when we speak with you, there may be potential roles in the future, so give us a call on 01379 872872.
Alternatively, there are many external resources that are a helpful place to start: